Instructions for your Closure® Procedure
To make sure your procedure goes smoothly and effectively, please read these instructions two weeks before, as well as the day before your procedure.
Before Your Procedure
Prior to every procedure, our office will call you to ask for your phone number(s), as well as the amount of time it will take you to reach our office. They then will give you an approximate procedure time, and reach out again on the day of the procedure when you should leave your home. To help reduce the time spent waiting, please do not come into the office until our staff has reached out to you.
Other than that, just follow these guidelines:
- Eat a light meal the day of your procedure
- Take all your normal medications at their normal times
- Arrange for a ride home
- Expect to be in the office for 3 hours on your procedure day
- Wear loose comfortable clothing, including socks
- Bring an extra pair of loose fitting pants, shorts, or boxers
- Take aspirin, ibuprofen, or any blood thinners (vitamin E, fish oil, dietary supplements, etc.) for 10 days before your procedure
- Fast before your procedure
- Come into the office until we have called you (this reduces the time you spend waiting around and makes sure that all procedures are completed on time and as scheduled)
After Your Procedure
You may experience some bruising after your procedure. This is completely normal and (if you follow these guidelines) will subside in time.
- Keep your compression stocking or ACE wrap in place for 48 hours
- Remove the stocking and shower after 3 days
- Elevate your leg and wear your stocking every day until you’re told you can remove them
- Take Arnica (which can be purchased at our office) to help reduce bruising
- Call us if you experience unmanageable pain or discomfort
- Lift anything over 15 pounds for two weeks
- Resume exercise for two weeks
- Drive for 24 to 48 hours